"Soccer is my passion," says Sam Owiredu, Ujamaa Place's new Site Manager at Kimball Court. Kimball Court is one of Ujamaa Place's housing options.
Owiredu grew up in Ghana West Africa, relocating to the United States in 1975. He plays soccer every Sunday against others much younger and says, "I love it and I can still compete quite well with others."
Owiredu has over 20 years of experience in the Minnesota correction system, serving at five different locations. He coached the girls soccer program at the Stillwater High School during his assignment at the Oak Park Heights facility.
"My style involves knowing everyone personally. It is very important to communicate effectively, be responsible and reliable. I listen to everyone's concerns," he says. "I absolutely believe in good communications."
His responsibilities at Kimball Court include security of the facility and the immediate area, being involved with community programs involving youth violence, unemployment, other concerns. Otis Zanders, Chief Executive Officer of Ujamaa Place, says, "We are pleased to note the addition of Sam Owiredu to our staff. He will play an important role for us."
(651) 528-8006
1885 University Avenue, Suite 355 Saint Paul, MN 55104
Save the Date: Transforming Men’s Lives Breakfast, Thursday October 13.
For more information please check out our website at www.ujamaaplace.org(651) 528-8006
1885 University Avenue, Suite 355 Saint Paul, MN 55104


No comments:
Post a Comment